Port Dalhousie, Lake Ontario, September 2011

Port Dalhousie, Lake Ontario, September 2011

Thursday, November 8, 2012


Youngstown NY

Our first trip wasn’t until the Canada day weekend (July1). We sailed over from Toronto to Youngstown NY as a part of cruise with our club.  Sailed over in 20 knot winds and we were flying!  We opted to moor on a ball, which was the first time doing this and really enjoyed bobbing in the Niagara River. We toured the town, found the best ice cream shop and had the best view ever of the Canada Day fireworks at Niagara on the Lake. I had the chance to tour the local fort and ended up chatting about canoes with one of the tour guides.  After a while, in response to my questions and observations about a canoe on display he said “you must be Canadian”.  

I like to think that I saved my wife’s life that weekend.  The water was very enticing off the stern of our boat and Ruth decided to go for a swim.  At the last minute, I suggested tying a line to her wrist just in case the current swept her away.  She jumped off the boat and promptly started moving downstream at a good 3 or 4 knots!  She quite enjoyed my pulling her in.






No comments:

Post a Comment